Sticks and Stones by K. J. Larsen

With a name like Cat De Luca, I guess, you can't help but be sassy and zanny at the same time, especially if you are the owner of Pants On Fire Detective Agency.  I take it also that you have something to prove especially if your dad and brothers and uncles and cousins are all in the police force.  I guess it doesn't help too that your mum doesn't approve of what you do and is forever trying to get you to change your job and not to take 'dirty pictures' all the time.

Sticks and Stones is a funny detective who-done-it book with a female lead character, Cat De Luca.  This is her second mystery, the first being Liar Liar which I didn't read.  However, that doesn't stop me from enjoying the book as they are basically stand alone titles.  You will love Cat and her assistant Cleo who is being accused of murdering her husband in this book.  You will also like FBI agent, Chance Vincent who is Cat's love interest and Max and Toni who are spies that seems to be helping Cat all the time.

This is similarity between Cat and another such female character who is a bounty hunter by another author.  In fact, there's a lot of similarities but because it was so interestingly written, it doesn't really bother me.  The authors (K J Larsen is the pen name for 3 sisters who wrote this series) doesn't waste words and the writing is fast and snappy. Anyway, not very imaginative in terms of title but everything else gets an 'A' from me.


I am so glad I review this for Netgalley.comStick and Stones is published by Poison Pen Publishing. Go and get your copy and be charmed by Cat De Luca, PI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books