Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich

Synopsis :

Kenny Mancuso shot his childhood buddy Moogey Bues in the knee and then jumped bail. Now bounty bunter extraordinaire Stephanie Plum is on the case to track Kenny down. Then someone finishes Moogey off, Kenny can’t be found, twenty four coffins are missing and there’s some ex-army heavy artillery roaming the streets. And Joe Morelli – the cop with more than a professional interest in her every move – is tailing Stephanie.

With a healthy disregard for the law and an unhealthy dependence on marshmallow hot chocolate, Stephanie’s match for anyone – even Morelli. That is, until her eccentric grandmother goes AWOL and little pieces of corpses start to disappear...

Yet another Stephanie Plum’s adventure from me. I must confess that I never plan to read Stephanie’s stories so soon after the last one but when Two for the Dough stared at me from the shelf of my local library, I couldn’t resist especially since I just read One For the Money and I am just curious on how the relationship developed between Stephanie and Joe since then.

In Two for the Dough, Stephanie’s bounty hunter job took a bit of a darker turn when she tried to track down Kenny Mancuso who is extremely unpredictable. On one hand, it helps in a way that she joined force with Joe Morelli who is also trying to track down Kenny but for a different reason. On the other hand, Joe wasn’t being very upfront on what he’s doing and Stephanie doesn’t like it. It doesn’t help that Joe invited himself to dinner with Stephanie and her family and it certainly doesn’t help that her parents like Joe and even acknowledge him as her boyfriend.

A Stephanie Plum’s adventure wouldn’t be so without Grandma Mazur but grandma was slightly injured in this book and I have to admit that for a while, I was worried for her. Ranger didn’t make much impact in this book, making brief appearance here and there as the focus is very much on Stephanie and Joe. Lula started work in Vinnie’s office and is extremely efficient in her filing.

Overall, it was a nice follow up from book 1. Now the question is, if I see book three, Three to Get Deadly on the library shelf, should I get it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg