Fame (Firstborn Series) by Karen Kingsbury


The Firstborn Series was first introduced here.

I honestly do not know if I’ll do justice to this book by reviewing it as this point in time. At this moment in life, I don’t feel the book ‘speaking’ to me at all. I dont feel any connection unlike what I felt when reading the Redemption series.

Fame started with Dayne Matthews and the focus is very much on him throughout the book. The book is rather slow in every way possible. I hope that it doesn’t reflect the rest of the books in the series but more as an introductory into the series. I feel Karen Kingsbury is trying to build the readers up to what will take place (perhaps) in the other books but it’s a rather slow and sorry to say, boring build up.

Karen tried to angle the book on the lives of the rich and famous and how some of these lives are affected by overzealous fans and also paparazzi. For some reason, it didn’t come across as being real and I can’t relate to what she’s writing. Hey, I know why…I’m not rich and famous! Hahah…

There’s no sense of urgency when reading Fame. It was just a nice read. For me, it was nice to have a glimpse into the life of the Baxter’s after Elizabeth’s death. Karen wanted the readers to know that the children of John and Elizabeth are moving on and also coping with her death by supporting one another. However, it was sad to read that John has not really move on and is still much burdened by the secret that he and his wife has hidden from the rest of the family members.

The book also introduced Katy Hart, the director of Christian Kids Theater. Like Dayne, she didn’t really make much of an impact on me either. At this moment of writing, I still have a few chapters to go before the book ends. I believe Dayne and Katy would have a long way to go before they can become a couple (if they ever do become one). Anyway, I’m giving both of them a chance and look forward to the 2nd book entitled ‘Forgiven’ where I am sure they will play bigger parts and more impactful roles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg